CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 15, 2009

Cats / Gatos, June 8th, 2009

Begin by singing the Hello Song.

Book: Grumpy Cat by Britta Teckentrup

Rhyme: Scat the Cat

I'm scat the cat,
I'm sassy and I'm fat
and I change my colors just like that (clap)

We also used a manilla envelope which we cut out so that it had a "window" on one side. Over the window we placed a cat transparency and then we filled the envelope with colored paper. Each time the kids clapped we removed a piece of paper and the cat magically changed colors. So cool!

Book: Bad Kitty by Nick Bruel. Bad Kitty is an alphabet book, so we read the story in English, but all the letters in Spanish. It's a great story and so funny!

Song: La Gatita Carlota

Book: How Many Cats by Lauren Thompson

Song: When Cats Get up in the Morning from Wiggleworms Love You.

Book: What Will Fat Cat Sit by Jan Thomas.

by Patrick and Sylvia.

0 comments: